When we think about thermometers, the regular digital ones come to mind. They are used to check body temperature. But, what if you want to measure the temperature of different things while cooking or while prepping bathwater? Can you use the same thermometer? The answer is no. This is because thermometers used to measure body temperature are calibrated differently and are not suited for other purposes.
Thermometer To Measure Water Temperature
In this article, we shall dig deeper and help you figure out which device to pick.
Why Can’t You Use A Digital Medical Thermometer To Measure Water Temperature?
The answer is quite simple, really. Digital medical thermometers have a very short range because they are made only to measure body temperature. Water can be boiling hot or ice cold. Its range is quite wide. A normal thermometer will not be capable of measuring in this range. That is why you need a dedicated apparatus that is calibrated to your needs.
Enter the online world and you are bound to be confused by the sheer volume of options available. It might even get overwhelming because they all seem good. Don’t you sweat it. We are here to help you out. Check out our top 5!
1. Yacumama Digital Water Thermometer
We love great starts, which is why we started with an Amazon’s Choice product. This thermometer is calibrated to measure the temperature of various things including water, candle, milk, meat, and liquids. Below are some important details:
- It is completely waterproof. You can rinse it under running water after measuring the temperature.
- It has an Instant Read technology that gives you accurate results without delays.
- Its temperature range is quite extensive – from – 58 degrees F to +572 degrees F.
- It shows readings in Celsius as well as Fahrenheit.
- It is easy to use – just switch it on and start measuring. It powers off after 10 minutes of idle time to save battery.
- Its probe is long and the entire design is quite robust. It meets all reliability standards.
- The thermometer comes with the required battery to get started. It also has a 30-day warranty.
2. Anpro Cooking Thermometer
The Anpro Cooking Thermometer is one of our most popular recommendations. With thousands of positive reviews, it stands tall as an excellent options. Its highlights are as follows:
- It can measure up to 572 degrees F.
- It meets most specifications including RoHS, FCC, and CE.
- The length of its probe is 4.9 inches. It is also quite slender, making it versatile. Along with water, you can measure the temperature of different foods.
- It has an LCD display that accurately displays the measurements. You won’t have to wait longer than a few seconds.
- It comes with a warranty of 24 months.
3. KT Thermo Instant Read Thermometer
KT Thermo is easily affordable and reliable. It is a good choice for water, milk, coffee, chocolate, etc. We have enlisted a few reasons why you should consider buying it:
- This is an instant read thermometer with a large dial for easy reading.
- Its temperature range is from 0 to 220 degrees F.
- The construction is compact and sturdy. It is completely made of stainless steel.
- The apparatus is easy to use, clean, and store.
- It comes in a sleeve for easy storage. It also doubles as a holder.
- It is oilproof and waterproof.
- Since it is not an electronic thermometer, you do not need a battery.
3. Juseepo Waterproof Digital Meat Thermometer
This is an IP67 waterproof thermometer that comes with multiple excellent features. It has been calibrated to measure a wide range of temperatures. Let’s find out more:
- It has a high-precision sensor that will give you accurate results within a couple of seconds.
- The thermometer is waterproof and has a break-proof construction.
- The probe measures 5.1 inches.
- It comes with a magnetic hook to ensure easy storage.
- The display is clear and backlit so that you read easily and do not get confused with the readings.
- It holds the calibration, which means that even after you remove the thermometer from the water, the measurement will stay put.
- This is a flexible and durable device.
4. Lavatools PT09 4.5-inch Commercial Grade Digital Instant Read Thermometer
The Lavatools thermometer is available in 2 variations – compact and regular. We shall discuss the regular variation. Read on for details:
- You will get accurate readings within 5 seconds. The accuracy is within +/- 0.9 degrees F, which is quite good.
- You can pick from Celsius and Fahrenheit readings.
- It has temperature hold capability so that you can check the readings without any rush.
- Its integrated clip makes it easy to carry, use, and store.
- The regular version’s probe is 4.5 inches long, which is perfect for measuring many liquids.
- The thermometer has a warranty of 3 years.
The factors you should consider include temperature range and probe length. If you cross-check these with your requirements, you will be able to find “the one” from our recommendations. Please feel free to drop a comment if you need additional help.