In the world of science, there’s no such thing as a “small” error. It all comes down to decimals and anything here and there can have major consequences. This is why experiments in the lab are conducted with full vigilance and focus. All the accessories are designed to support this commitment too.
Best Serological Pipette Controller
Pipettes are among the most commonly used lab equipment. They are used in various experiments and accuracy is the key here too. While working with small volumes such as milliliters, scientists often used the serological pipette. It is a manual pipette and to complement it, we have the pipette controller.
About The Serological Pipette Controller
As the name suggests, a serological pipette controller gives you full control on the amount of liquid being dispensed. You should attach it to your pipette to use it correctly and dispense the required amount of liquid at the desired time. Whether it is blood samples or vaccines, this controller comes in handy and makes the job of the scientist easy. Some good models also have anti-contamination features!
While choosing a serological pipette controller, the following are the features that you must look at:
- There are manual and motorized controllers. Needless to say, motorized ones are a better choice. But, if you barely use pipettes or if you work minimally with them, you can also go for a manual one.
- Those who work with pipettes regularly need accessories that are easy to use. Otherwise, you will feel a lot of strain in your hand.
- You might also want to choose a controller that has a replaceable disc filter.
- Along with all the features, the price is also a major factor. Motorized ones will be more expensive but they are worth the extra cost. Also, there might be slight differences between models, which you can select based on your requirement.
It’s time to take a look at some top-class products available online today. Our experts have vetted them against various parameters and have decided that these are the best ones for you.
1. Lab Serological Pipette Controller – Manual Controller
First on our list is a popular, manual controller that’s available in various colors – if you’d like to add some aesthetic to your lab. Let’s go through its features now:
- It lets you measure liquids from 0.1 to 100 ml.
- It allows precise pipette control thanks to its aspiration bulb. It also enables rapid filling.
- This pipette controller is compatible with both serological and volumetric pipettes regardless of whether they are made of glass or plastic.
- It has a small and sensitive lever that you should use to control the flow.
- The design is ergonomic and allows single-handed operation.
- The apparatus is backed by a warranty of 1 year.
2. Levo Manual Serological Pipette Controller
Easy to use and clear instructions – these are the two characteristics that stand out for us in the Levo Manual Serological Pipette Controller. A few more details are as follows:
- It has a silicone adapter that is completely autoclavable.
- The controller is lightweight yet of high quality.
- It comes with a replaceable hydrophobic filter.
- It gives you complete control over pipetting.
- Cleaning, usage, and maintenance are all easy.
- The silicone adapter is compatible with all pipettes from 0.1 to 100 ml.
3. Vision Scientific Electric Pipette Controller – VS-TEL01
The Vision Scientific Pipette Controller is an electric model that requires charging. It is an upgrade from manual controllers and is suitable for anyone who uses pipettes on a regular basis. Its features are below:
- It works equally well with glass and plastic pipettes. It is compatible with pipettes from 0.1 to 100 ml.
- The electric controller comes with a safety valve and a hydrophobic filter that do not allow fluid penetration at all.
- With one charge the pipette controller can work for up to 12 hours.
- It is suitable for both left-handers and right-handers. You can use it with a single hand.
- It does not allow corrosion and lasts for a long time.
- The controller is quite powerful and yet promises quiet operation.
4. CGOLDENWALL Electric Pipette Controller
This is a high quality, high accuracy electric pipette controller that has been modelled for extensive usage in the laboratory. Let’s find out how it made its way to our recommendations:
- Its capacity is higher than the other controllers. It can fit any pipette from 0.1 to 200 ml.
- Its hydrophobic membrane filter prevents damage and penetration during usage, thereby protecting the equipment.
- It has a governor button that lets you adjust the speed of dispensing and aspiration. It is very easy to control.
- At maximum speed, you can fill a 50 ml pipette in about 10 seconds. That’s quite fast!
- On charging for 2-3 hours, it will easily last for 8 hours. The battery also discourages overcharging and discharging.
- Thanks to its blowing function, you can ensure that there are no droplets left behind in the pipette.
- The controller has been designed to avoid erosion and last long.
5. ONiLAB Lab Serological Pipette Filler – Manual Controller
We shall round our list off with another good manual controller. It is easy to use, comes in different colors, and has all the standard features you could ask for. Some of them are as follows:
- The controller has an ergonomic design to enable one-handed operation. It is also quite comfortable to use.
- It has a thumb control lever that lets you determine the amount of liquid dispensed.
- The manual controller works well on both plastic and glass pipettes. It can handle volumes from 0.1 to 100 ml.
- It is made of ABS materials that resist alkalis and acids. This makes it very easy to clean.
- It has an autoclavable silicone adapter.
- The manufacturers offer a warranty of 1 year on this apparatus.
Whether your preference is manual or electric, the best available options are in front of you. Make sure you pick based on application and requirement so that you choose the right serological pipette controller and take your experiments to the next level. All the best.