For many years, hospitals across the world used latex gloves for examinations. In the 90s, this trend shifted to nitrile gloves, which are now very popular. Nitrile and latex are both made from rubber but nitrile does not have the same proteins. This is why, people allergic to latex can safely used nitrile. Due to this benefit, nitrile is the leader in the market even though latex is more flexible.
Accelerator Free Nitrile Gloves
Benefits Of Nitrile Gloves
Nitrile gloves come with multiple benefits such as the following:
- They are highly resistant to chemicals
- They do not cause latex-related allergies
- They are highly durable
- They are powder-free and do not cause allergies due to messy powder
- The gloves are also resistant to tears and punctures
- Medical-grade gloves also show resistance to oils and fats
These are common reasons why nitrile gloves are said to be more superior than latex gloves.
What Are Accelerator-Free Nitrile Gloves?
While searching for nitrile gloves, you may come across the term “accelerator-free.” This means that the gloves do not have accelerators, which can cause type IV allergies. Usually, in the production of nitrile gloves, accelerants are used. These are sulfur-based chemicals and can lead to allergies. If you choose an accelerator-free pair of nitrile gloves, you won’t have to worry about these side effects.
It’s time now to take a look at some good products in this category. Our experts have done the hard work so that you don’t have to.
1. MedPride Powder-free Nitrile Exam Gloves
MedPride nitrile gloves are currently bestsellers on Amazon. This should give you an idea of how good they are. Let’s explore their features:
- These disposable gloves come in boxes of 100.
- They are perfect for anyone who is allergic to latex and donning powder.
- Their textured tips give great tactical sensitivity and they fit the hand really well.
- The gloves are very strong and durable.
- They are completely resistant to punctures and tears.
- The cuff is beaded while the rest of the glove is smooth.
- These are perfect not just for healthcare professionals but also for tattoo artists, law enforcement professionals, and first responders.
2. Eagle Protect Sensitive FDA Compliant Food Handling Nitrile Gloves
Eagle Protect Gloves are available in different sizes in packs of 100. They are FDA compliant and safe for food handling. Below are a few more details:
- They are multi-purpose gloves with high tactile qualities, making them suitable for high precision works.
- The gloves are extremely popular especially in the food handling industry.
- They are industrial strength and very reliable. You can use them in healthcare facilities, automotive, cleaning, cooking, hair salon, tattoos, etc.
- They are suitable for anyone who has latex allergies and sensitive skin.
- The gloves are powder-free and flexible.
3. SHOWA N-Dex 7700PFT Accelerator-Free Gloves
Now we have with us an Amazon’s Choice product that has many raving reviews. These gloves are powder-free, disposable, and accelerator-free. Read on for more details:
- The gloves have been designed to be comfortable and fatigue-free.
- They fit like second skin and do not cause stress to the wrist.
- The cuff is rolled in order to avoid the entry of dirt into the glove.
- They are completely latex-free and accelerator-free. They are 100% nitrile only.
- You don’t have to worry about allergies even if you have sensitive skin.
- The fingertips are bisque.
4. Showa 7705PF Accelerator-Free Gloves
This is another set of good gloves from Showa. The disposable gloves measure 9.5 inches and are suitable for small hands. The thickness is 4 mil. We have enlisted a few more features:
- They are completely powder-free and hypoallergenic.
- The gloves are patented to be 100% accelerator-free. The formulation is completely nitrile. There’s no latex either.
- Other than healthcare, the glove is suitable for the mechanical industry, light assembly, horticulture, and petrochemical industry.
- The cuffs of these gloves are rolled and the fingertips are bisque.
- They protect against chemicals and solvents.
5. EnSure Low Derma Gray Gloves
The EnSure Gloves have extended cuffs for complete protection. They are available in an array of sizes and measure 10.5 inches. Additional features are as follows:
- The gloves are safe to use even for sensitive skin. They have very low dermatitis potential.
- They are resistant to fentanyl.
- They are made using the Low Derma Technology and do not contain any accelerator.
- They are chemotherapy drug tested.
- They are ambidextrous and safe for medical examinations.
Whether it is for medical examinations or any other purpose that requires the use of nitrile gloves, the aforementioned alternatives will do wonders for you. We advise you to choose based on your specific needs and size. If you are still confused, you can always reach out to us.