Oh, what fun science experiments are!
Science is all about experiencing the world around us and within us. From neat little experiments, we learn the true nature of life and everything that revolves around it. How fascinating is that?
Best Hot Plate Stirrer
Now, in order to take complete advantage of science and the many projects we can indulge in the laboratory, we must have the right equipment. Over the years, science saw multiple advancements, and we have the pleasure of living in an era where everything is easily available. Back in time, if you wanted something, you needed to build it! The same holds true for stirrers and hot plates. In fact, there are hot plate stirrers that meet most requirements with ease.
The downside of this choice is that it leads to confusion. Which one should you go with? Which hot plate stirrer will aid your projects? Please calm down because we are here to help! Through thorough research and comparison, we have come up with a list that we are sure will help you. Let’s begin.
1. IKA 3368001 Topolino Magnetic Stirrer
Easy to use and super convenient, the IKA magnetic stirrer is for you if you aren’t looking for anything bulky. It is the perfect bet for those who conduct small experiments and do not work with large quantities. Here is a quick look at the features:
- It is a mini-stirrer and can stir up to 250 ml. If your requirements differ, you may want to skip this one.
- It has a brushless motor.
- It has an excellent, variable speed range.
- The magnetic adhesion is high, ensuring that you don’t have to worry about spills.
- It does not come with stirrer bars. You will have to buy them separately.
2. 110V/50Hz 78-1 Magnetism Stirrer
This one is Amazon’s Choice and our favorite too! It is a great option with multiple applications because it is large and has more capacity. So, whether you are working in a college lab or whether you are into research in agriculture, health, or science, this stirrer is for you. We have enlisted a few of its highlights below:
- It can stir up to 1000 ml liquids.
- The tray is made with aluminum alloy.
- It offers remarkable stirring without noise or vibrations.
- You can turn the temperature on or off based on your preferences. When it is on, you should note that the temperature increases with the speed of the stirring.
- Its mixing power is 25W while its heating power is 150W. This is extremely good for scientific research and projects.
- The box includes the stirrer with all the required components and a user manual. If you need a cup, you will have to buy it separately.
3. SH-2 Hot Plate Magnetic Stirrer Mixer
Made with cast aluminum and with an enclosed heating plate, the SH-2 stirrer is another one of our favorites. It is large and has a lot of capacity, which is one of its USPs. Let’s explore more to find out if this is what you have been looking for:
- You can stir liquids up to 2000 ml! This is simply exceptional and useful for larger experiments and research requirements.
- It is convenient and has dual controls that allow you to heat and stir at the same time.
- It comes with a 1-inch stir bar that lets you stir large amounts of liquid with ease.
- The heating plate can reach a maximum temperature of 380 degrees. This is another USP because standard stirrers only allow 100 degrees.
- The stirring speed is adjustable from 100 to 2000 rpm.
- Its stirring power is 10W while its heating power is 180W.
- Manufacturers say that it is a great choice for scientific research, agriculture, home brew, industrial applications, and medicine.
- The stirrer has a CE safety certification.
- The box contains all the accessories you need to get started. It also has an owner’s manual to help you understand how it works.
4. Scilogex 81112102 MS-H-S Analog Magnetic Hotplate
A sleek design, a porcelain plate, and an analog system are the highlights of the Scilogex Magnetic Hotplate. It was designed for research, industrial, and academic purposes, keeping specific requirements in mind. Let’s discuss its features now:
- Its stirring range is from 0 to 1,500 rpm, which is quite commendable.
- It can stir up to 2 L or 2000 ml.
- The preferable environmental conditions are 5 to 40 degrees Celsius and 80% relative humidity.
- It allows heating up to 340 degrees C after which it automatically shuts down to protect the sample or liquid.
- It has electronic speed control to ensure constant speed even when you change the load.
- The equipment conforms to all rules and standards, including CE, cTUVus, and IP42.
5. Fristaden Lab SH-2 Magnetic Stirrer Hot Plate
For powerful, fast, and reliable stirring options, you can definitely trust Fristaden. It is known for its exceptional quality and results at an affordable price. Let’s quickly skim through its features now for a complete understanding of what to expect.
- It has an aluminum plate with a heating element of 180W.
- Its capacity is 2000 ml.
- The stirring speed ranges from 100 to 1600 rpm.
- The temperature range is from 49 to 350 degrees Celsius.
- With the machine, you will get a stirrer bar, an adjustable temperature bracket, an extra fuse, and a power cord. You can go through the user manual to understand the usage.
- The stirrer has dual control and lets you control the temperature and speed separately. This facilitates accurate results.
- On high speed and temperature, the machine has the capacity to work for 4 hours. Its capacity increases to 8 hours when it is on low speed and heat.
- The machine comes with a 1-year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
Despite the many options, you don’t have to be overwhelmed! Each option comes with its pros and cons. All you have to do is to compare. We hope that our list makes this job easy for you. These are the best reviewed ones in the market today, and you don’t have to look farther for an answer. Go on, compare, click, and buy!