Chemistry is much more than balancing equations, learning the fundamentals, and understanding the theoretical aspects. Although there are so many chemistry textbooks that can help you understand a range of topics, courses, and more, having a hands-on experience is something that can help you understand the subject with more clarity.
These model kits are made to make it easy for the students to understand the chemical structures, their bonding, and other concepts that might seem challenging at the beginning. Most of these molecular model kits are made to help students with organic chemistry as this particular topic needs a practical or visual aid to understand the structure.
Apart from all the learning aspects, this kit can also be a fun activity for the students who like this subject or want to get hands-on experience for chemistry. In all, opting for a molecular model kit is a smart choice for students having chemistry courses in their high schools or college as it can make the subject relatively easy and fun.
To get yourself the best molecular model kit available in the market, check out our top picks for the same, and choose the perfect kit for yourself or your friends!
Top 7 Organic Chemistry Model Kits
1. Old Nobby Organic Chemistry Model Kit
2. Duluth Labs MM-003 Student Kit
My first pick for getting a molecular model kit that is durable, fun, and under $30 is this one by Duluth labs. The kit features 54 atom models along with 70 bonding parts, which are quite flexible and user-friendly. The kit is ideal for the people pursuing Chemistry I, Chemistry II, Biochemistry, and other such courses.
- The atom models in the kit provide the students with a practical experience of chemistry, functional groups, and molecular structures.
- The high-quality plastic atoms are durable and color-coded to universal standards.
- Students can quickly identify the atoms and connectors as all the necessary instructions are given on the molecular set’s instruction manual.
- All the parts in the are easy to assemble and disassemble. It also includes molecular tools and atom connectors for making different structures.
- This chemistry molecule kit is a great gift that you can give to aspiring young scientists.
- It helps to understand chemistry easily, as students can visualize complicated molecules in 3D space.
This model kit is designed to be bright and attractive. The models are color-matched to the elements of the periodic table. So get yourself this kit if you want to learn more about bonding, structures, functional group, and more.
3. University Chemistry Co. Molecular Model Kit
If you are particularly searching for a kit that can help you with organic and inorganic chemistry, then this kit can be an excellent buy for you. It comes with a total of 239 pieces, which has 86 atom pieces and 153 bond connector pieces. This kit is suitable for University students or even for professionals as it can be used to make various structures without any hassle.
One can easily connect the atom pieces using bond connectors, which are quite flexible and made of excellent quality plastic.
- It has atoms of 12 elements that are commonly used, and all the pieces are color-coded as per the international standards.
- The kit also features a bond removal tool so that you can remove the bonds with ease.
- This molecular model kit includes long flexible links. Despite medium and shorter length single bond links, such links are perfect for making double and triple bonds.
- The pieces are made from durable plastic and come in a slim plastic box to store all the pieces in one place.
Using this kit, students can construct different types of molecule models. You can also use this kit for biochemistry courses to understand atoms’ bonding and other such concepts.
4. LearnOn Molecular Model Kit for Ochem Students
Enhance your learning experience by opting for this atom modeling kit that comes with a user guide! If you buy this molecule kit, you will get an 8-page PDF illustrated user guide that can help you make various molecules’ structures. This modeling kit includes 140 pieces, out of which there are 50 high-quality atom parts and around 90 links for bond formations.
- The user guide of the molecule model has all the needed information to aid you with using this kit and making molecule models. The guide is emailed to you once the kit is delivered.
- All the atoms are color-coded to the universal standards so that people can quickly identify the pieces.
- It also contains a link removal tool to disassemble the parts without tugging or pulling the pieces.
- All the pieces are stored in a sturdy and portable plastic box. It has four compartments for organized storage.
This set can help people to relate the physical and chemical properties of compounds to the model. All the pieces are durable and can be used for a lifetime. This kit is an excellent study tool, especially for organic chemistry students.
5. Atomic Architect Organic Chemistry Molecular Model Kit
Another excellent option that you can consider for getting a chemical model kit is this one by Atomic Architect. It is designed to make chemistry a fun subject to learn. The kit also makes it easy to balance chemical equations and understand the structures of cyclic compounds. You can also build organic structures and biology models with the help of this set.
- It includes 124 pieces in which there are 54 atoms and 70 bonds. These pieces can help all the learners, whether they are in grade 7 or a graduate student.
- One can learn molecule science in 3D with the aid of this kit. Apart from that, it helps to make the atomic structure fun and interactive activity.
- It is also manufactured from durable and high-quality material so that the construction of the models can be easy and the structures have a perfect fit.
The manufacturers of this molecular modeling kit give you a 100% money-back guarantee. Yes, that is correct! Moreover, just like the other kits, pieces of this set are also color-coded for easy identification. It is easy to carry everywhere.
6. Molymod MMS-009 Student Set
Molymold is one of the famous brands for the molecule model kit. It is suitable for organic as well as inorganic chemistry visual learning. This set includes 52 atoms and gives students a fun activity to visually demonstrate inorganic molecules, organic or inorganic structures, and formula representations.
- Its atom parts are between 17mm to 23mm in diameter, with the color code of national standards.
- The kit also includes a plastic box for easy storage.
- Students can model molecules like ammonia, carbon dioxide, metal salts, sulfuric acid, and calcium hydroxide.
- You can also make models of alkanes, alcohols, glucose, etc.
- The kit also provides an instruction guide and a durable storage box.
One can use this kit for classroom learning and educational training as well. This is also a good option for a chemistry molecule kit, especially for University students.
7. Brisk Learner Organic & Inorganic Chemistry Molecular Model Kit
My next recommendation would be this Organic and inorganic molecular model kit. The pieces in the kit are built using high-quality PP and LDPE. All the pieces in the kit are durable and user-friendly. Buyers also get a free stencil and learning guide with this kit that can speed up the process of making molecular models.
- The kit comes with 86 atom pieces, 153 bonds, and one disconnector tool to help you make several molecular models without any hassle.
- It is designed for both students and professionals.
- The kit comes with a slim case and secure closing to carry it anywhere with ease.
- As this chemical model kit comes with a detailed learning guide, it becomes easier for students to learn and understand the structures and bond formations.
- This kit also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 3-years free replacement warranty.
All the atom pieces are color-coded as per the international standard. The quality of the atom balls and bonds is quite impressive. This kit is ideal for someone who wants to understand complex molecules using 3D structures.
8. Happy Atoms Magnetic Molecular Modeling Set
The last option on this list is for the people who want to start with learning structure formation and the basics of organic chemistry. This molecular model kit by Happy atoms is perfect for beginners and those who want to learn simple structures.
- It is a 17-atom pieces kit consisting of quite popular elements such as Hydrogen, Oxygen, Carbon, and more.
- Bond links are also provided in the kit to make the molecular structures.
- All the atom balls have magnetic tips that can make it easy for the students to make structures.
- It also comes with a free app for Happy atoms that can help you build a range of different molecular models with this kit.
The user-guide provided with this kit comes with step-by-step instructions to make 49 different molecular models. It also comes with a free periodic poster that can be used to learn the table. And their app is available for all android and iOS phones.
I have made sure to include various types of kits suitable for beginners, students, and even professionals. While picking up the best options for molecular model kits, I only included the kits with color-coded atoms and elements. This makes the process of building structure easy and also speeds up your learning. Apart from this, most of these kits are suitable for both organic and inorganic chemistry.
Opting for such kits is more beneficial than the textbooks because these kits can visually aid the students in understanding the concepts with clarity. Depending upon all features you are looking for, you can choose the kit from this list that best suits all your criteria and budget.